- At Wigmore Primary, we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and we believe that all learners should be able to reach their full potential.
- We strongly believe that reaching your potential is not about where you come from, but instead, about developing the necessary skills and values required to succeed.
- Our pupils in receipt of the Pupil Premium Funding face specific barriers to reaching their full potential, and, at Wigmore, we are determined to provide the support and guidance they need to help them overcome these barriers.
- In addition to this, we aim to provide them with access to a variety of exciting opportunities and a rich and varied curriculum.
What is Pupil Premium funding?
The Government gives money to schools to help children from disadvantaged families do their absolute best. This money is called ‘Pupil Premium funding’. For every child eligible and registered, Wigmore Primary School gets £1,345 a year. It is important that even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, and already receives free school meals, you check if your child is eligible. This ensures that Wigmore Primary School receives as much funding as possible for your child so that we can provide them with the best education and support we can. Once registered you may be eligible for other government initiatives such as government food vouchers, worth £15 a week. Your child will have also have access to discounted extra-curricular activities such as tennis or gymnastics, as well as help with the cost of school and residential trips
Who is eligible?
Your child is eligible for Pupil Premium funding if you get any of these benefits: • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400. • Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
How do you apply?
To check if your child is eligible, we need information about you and your child. Please contact the school office or click on the link here.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. You only need to apply once as Pupil Premium funding lasts at least 6 years.
Click on the Pupil Premium Reports below to see how Wigmore Primary School has allocated this funding.